Saturday, August 8, 2009

missin those gud old days...1. Summer in India


had my late dinner (as usual at 11) and on an effort to get my extra fat depositions melted I made a good habbit (one of the few i possess) of walking for couple of mins within the house after I eat....and our light outside in the porche was still glowing and I happened to have a peep thru our window curtains and noticed that trees moving which made me curious & step out and have a look at.........and there you go


the moment i stepped outside there was this pleasant breeze blowing across my face and made me so nostalgic....all of a sudden making me think about the good old days of sleeping upstairs in summer back home!!!....oooooooooohhhhhh wat a feeling it is....I guess I will make all my fellow Indian frnds who experienced this awesome feeling get homesick by this topic [;)], but I guess few is talked about this since mostly here in america we dont or even no one as far as I know does it anyway.


well I have gone thru my frnd deepak's blog where he was talking abt missing India for all the fun we have on festival days and I guess this is kind of a sequel to that topic & with my fellow bloggers (deepak & souju) encouraging me in blogging it gave me a new enthu to put forth one more post.......with this excitement I searched reallly hardd to find a picture which can depict this (also to satisfy my feelings of atleast looking at such a scene since I cant do it anyways) but toughluck I cudnt locate one :(


anyways all this used to start by end of april or beginning of may when every1s finals used to start in school or college or whatever they are studying. All through the year we never cared about how it is upstairs but all of a sudden we started cleaning and check all the arrangements like the light, wiring (which was always very less sophisticated...usually arranged by my brother with homemade technology [:P]) and then one fine day we started studying upstairs for the finals and slowly but surely all the neighboring kids joined the list, not on our building but on their own with all their own technologies. There was one more problem with this arrangement....sometimes even though we went to bed there were couple of our neighbor kids who were book-worms never used to sleep and my dad or mom if they see them studying and us sleeping, started all this discussion about how come we dont spend much time studying and etc, I guess u can imagine the rest...hehehe ofcourse we had our own defense arguments to get away with those


and then when the exams gone past....we continue to sleep upstairs to enjoy the lovely weather and to avoid getting burnt up by the heat inside house. The fun part was I used to sleep till the sun comes out and once he comes i used to slowly move in to the shade of the adjacent wall every 20-30 mins till the whole sunshine was totally falling on me directly...thats when I had to wake up :( but luckily it never happened b4 11am anyday....so i can proudly say i am used to sleeping in all the time :D and also sometimes it used to rain....so we had to run downstairs with all the bedding and in those I used to be the last one to even feel that there is something going on around me ;) so its of no wonder that I got drenched in rain lots of times....but still I loved the whole idea of enjoying the nature, beautiful weather, then the sun and man I can keep on adding to the list u know since its abt India and I miss it so badly!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This post really makes me nostalgic now… and makes me remember of my good old summer days. Undoubtedly they were the best of all times to go. 6’O clock in the evening and we kids (8 of us) used to run around with different sized containers, front and back trying to drench out our front yard with water, so that we can have some real cool summer nights outside. And then by 9’O clock the bedding would be ready, and I remember my elder sister would always crib for the reason that she is the only one who will have to set up the bedding and remove the one. And me, the youngest one would come down with my lil pillow and fight for my place around. Never missed the place, which was in perfect alignment with the most irritating table fan (which made hell lot of noise and didn’t allow me to listen to all those secrets of my sis) though. Lovely days!! I enjoy those musing now.

    but sorry for this very longgg comment... [:P]

    ReplyDelete